Monday, December 3, 2007

God vs. Evolution


According to a recent poll, 82% of americans belive in God, and that evolution did not exist. This number has remained constant for the past few years, and it seems it will remain that way for some time to come. If by now people are not convinced of evolution with all the information and breakthroughs that have occured during the past few decades then they will never believe. I guess its a way to maintain their believes of a better world, or an afterlife and their hope that there is a heaven, and being good in life is worth something. I am catholic, I come from a really catholic country and I personally believe in evolution. Dont get me wrong, I also believe in god, the bible, jesus and his miracbles. But the evidence is there, I dont want to be naive, I would like to believe that this world was created in six days by god out of nowhere and he rested the final day. But the evidence is against it, and maybe I am wrong, I would really like to believe I am wrong. Maybe is more complicated that either one, a combination of both, thats what I mostly believe. Whatever the truth is we will some day find out...

No comments: